Monday, January 12, 2009

House-Sitters-R-Us

This past week we have been house/baby sitting for my relatives while they were gone on a cruise. We watched my cousins 6 year old little boy all week. We had such a fun time with him. He is such a joy to be around. He is so amazing. He is blind and has been since birth. He was dealt a pretty rough hand, but he deals with it so well and is just always happy and upbeat. I learned a lot from him this past week. I learned patience (well, I tried my hardest!). I learned that I CAN deal with whatever heavenly father gives me. I learned to be thankful for the healthy baby boy I have. I learned to be even more appreciative of my spouse. I learned to not take the little things for granted (now if I can just remember that on a daily basis). I learned that I have amazing relatives, who I look up to and I learned that I have an angel of a six year old cousin! I am so thankful for that experience.

3 comments:

Jadie said...

Lauren, this post is AMAZING! I totally enjoyed Colin on Sunday night, it was great to get to know him!

P.S. I'm so glad you put that picture of Walker as your title...It's my FAVORITE!!

Love,
Jadie

Eric and Hannah said...

I agree with Jadie. This is an awesome post! It made me cry! It was gret to get to know Colin on Sunday night. What a challenging life he has, but what an amazing little boy! :)

p.s. It was also fun to see Marshall interact with him!

Dani said...

Yarby!! I just read this today. I am glad that you had such a good experience watching Kollin. I hope he was good for you! I thank you and Marshall ever so much for watching him and allowing me to take some time off! It was greatly needed! Kollin says that Walker is his favorite! I can't believe that he is 5 months old already! Wow! Love you!